Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Music That Saves Lives.

Admittedly this is a bit of a shameless plug. I have this fear that their might be someone out there that has not heard of CompassionArt. CompassionArt is a group of 12 songwriter who got together for a retreat to write music that will in turn generate money for those in poverty around the world. I normally don't get into the whole "buy this and some money will go to the poor people" slogans. My general response is, "don't spend $100 on jeans so $1.00 will go towards poverty, just give $100, I am sure you have plenty of jeans."

But in this case, since it is music/art, I take back my cynicism and recommend you buy this album and support this cause. The songwriters on this project are 12 of the most esteemed writers in our generation of Christian Music: Matt Redman, Tim Hughes, Paul Baloche and Chris Tomlin to name a few. This is a unique compilation from upbeat proclamations to slow and thought provoking songs. To be totally honest, most of the songs are "not my style," in fact I would describe this album as "very different," but i think that is why I love it so. It is a beautiful combinations of worship leaders from all over the world mixing there musical styles and standing together on Truth for justice.

It is the home of my personal fav song at this moment : King of Wonders by Matt Redman.

Here is a short video of it coming together...so good:



and i must admit: i got goose bumps during this video when i saw Matt Readman, Tim Hughes and Steven Curtis Chapman all playing their guitars and singing in that room full of those artist...amazing...could you imagine?

3 comments:

Dyers said...

I loved the video...we just purchased the CD as well!!

The Reardon's said...

Thank you for posting this!! Why didn't you tell me sooner?!!!! LOVE YOU! Is it on itunes?

Anonymous said...

I heart michael w smith!