Sunday, January 08, 2012

P is for Painting, Play-doh, Pattington Bear & Penguins

We had a great first week back to school. The boys actually did so well with the transition back from two weeks off around the house! (maybe I just had low expectations! ha!) Everything went smoothly.
Our Bible Verse for the Letter P was 1 Thessalonians 5:17, " Pray constantly. Give thanks in everything, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." Our God is Faithful board said, "God is Faithful, you can have a relationship with Him." Titus and I had a couple great talks about what it means to have a relationship with God. It was a sweet week. In our morning Bible time we were reading out of The Gospel Story Bible in the section on Romans. This led to some great talks about sharing our faith with others and having boldness to do so because of God being faithful.

As for the pre-school activities I did with Justus, P was a very easy letter to find fun things to do. Of course we Painted::

Justus LOVES this little fishing pole we have so we used his Pole to fish out the Ps. This was a HUGE hit. In fact, I bet he did it for a total of 2 hours one of the days. He loved it.

For our letter project we made a Penguin::
I let Justus use real glue for the first time as opposed to a glue stick. He did great and felt like he was so grown up :)

Every time we are finished with a project Justus runs and shows Vernon. Then he wants to hang it up on the board all by himself::


We have a few books about Pattington the Bear and I knew it was a European cartoon so I searched and found a few episodes. Justus has his very own Pattington Bear (that is actually from Pattington Station!) so he held him as he watched.

For Christmas Justus got some new Play-doh cutters that are Letters. So here he was cutting out the letter P::

And as for me, P was for The Passion Conference. I stayed up way too late each night watching all the sessions. I am still amazed at all that God did in and through all who attended. AMEN!

I hope yall had a great first week back....or if this coming week is your first week:: enjoy it!

Happy Schooling!

No comments: