Monday, January 26, 2009

A Facebook Meme

I am usually not one to do these but over the course of one day I got tagged by a bunch of people on facebook with this little meme..25 Random Facts About Yourself....so here were mine....it was kinda fun you should try it.

1). Everyday I see the numbers 1234 somewhere. Most of the time it is at 12:34, the actual time, but other times it shows up on how much time is left of something I am baking or on a podcast I am listening to….weird.

2). I know all five paragraphs of the FFA creed by memory.

3.) I have only ever had one fast-food hamburger in my life (that I know of) and wish I hadn’t had that one. I only got it because I was tired of being able to say I had never had one.

4.) I know how to weld.

5.) My graduating class had 30 people. More people fit in the choir loft of HFBC than live in my hometown.

6.) I am one of the least sentimental people I know when it comes to things. I have a one year rule around our house…if you haven’t used it or looked at it in one year…we don’t need it. (We each get ONE tub of things to keep from our childhood).

7.) I love learning new things. This last year I learned how to do non-profit accounting.

8.) I am over confident in fixing things. If something goes wrong with the house or car, I try to figure out if there is a way I can fix it to save us money. I really enjoy figuring out how things work in order to fix them.

9.) I am an audio learner, if I hear a lecture or sermon... I remember it. I have had to work really hard at becoming a learner from reading.

10.) I have seen the movie Rudy countless times and cried EVERYTIME.

11.) I went to two different colleges but they both had the mascot Bearcats.

12.) I have three part-time jobs that allow me to stay home with the boys.

13.) All of our married life someone has lived with us. We have had 6 people live with us over the course of the last 5 ½ years. This does not include 2 or 3 that have stay for little 6 week segments.

14.) I was an All-American Cheerleader. I danced at the half time of the Citrus bowl and also went to National Dance Champs with my Tumbling Dance Team....haha... i know i know.

15.) I haven’t aged in my mind since I turned 24.

16.) Our sweet orphans in Sudan call me Mama Vernon.

17.) I went to state in FFA on the Dairy Foods team…not kidding.

18.) I find it very hard to spend money on myself except at Starbucks.

19.) I have lived in 5 different homes over the last 5 years.

20.) Although I said in #6 I am not sentimental, when I am it is over weird things. I am highly attached to the boy’s baby bedding. Just the other day I was looking at the crib thinking of how much I still LOVED the bedding we picked out 4 years ago…I think we will keep it…this shocks me.

21.) It is hard for me to watch Movies or TV because I get so emotionally attached to fictional characters. It is like I feel everything they are going through…Its draining.

22.) I remember vividly the first time I realized music could move your emotions. I was in the 1st grade and I was watching the Def Lepard video “Love Bites” on VH1.

23.) My first tape cassett was Chicago 19 “Look Away” and my first CD was Tom Petty and The Heart Breakers “Last Dance”

24.) Since we have been married we have had 5 vaccums and they have all broken. This says something for always buying the cheapest one.

25.) The music in my head is so clear that when I am in public I have to stop and evaluate if there is actually background music or not before I begin singing. This is also why I sometimes I forget I have my iPod on and just assume everyone can hear what I am hearing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber- I saw your facebook status the other day requesting comments so I thought I would reveal that I am one of your blog readers =) I always enjoy your pictures and posts!

Anonymous said...

i am so relieved after reading your random fact about seeing the numbers 1234 everyday....i do the same thing, but with the number 1002...i was born on October 2 (10/02) and i look at a clock every day at either 10:02 a.m. or 10:02 p.m. i might pick up my phone to send a text and it says 10:02, or turn on the t.v. and the clock on the screen say 10:02...it's literally EVERYDAY...I'm so relieved I'm not alone :)

Amanda said...

If you loved us you'd post a cheerleading pic. But maybe you're not sentimental enough to keep one! It makes me so happy that you were in FFA on the dairy team. That reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite.

Harris Family said...

I wonder if God has some really amazing 12:34 scripture for you. Or maybe you've already looked up all the 12:34's in the Bible. That's like something crazy I'd do!! I love these random facts! They're awesome!

Michelle said...

You have only had one hamburger?? BTW...I think you the coolest!