Sunday, September 04, 2011

C is for Caterpillar, Cupcakes and Casting Your Cares

Here I am blogging week 3 and feeling a little insecure about the "homeshcooliness" of this blog recently. I am going to try my best to up the "cool" factor in the next few weeks by posting things other than the musings of my attempt to homeschool a 2nd grader while keeping a preschooler entertained. But lets be real, the day in and day outs of our lives are not "cool," and never have we claimed that to be true, so we will see what I can do in way of other subjects to cover :)

If you are new to this homeschooling series, you might want to check out the previous posts:: Intro, A & B

Our verse for the letter C was :: Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you. He will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55::22
This was very timely in that we had a loss in our family this week. In light of this we decided that for our "God is Faithful, You can be____" board we would do "God is Faithful, You can be Comforted & Comfort Others." This was great for our verse and for our letter although we generally don't stick with the letter for this activity. It was also great for what was going on in our family. We talked about times when they have been comforted by God and how He was faithful to hear them when they prayed. Then we had them think of some people who were going through something hard and send them a letter with the verse on it. Titus LOVED this. Justus was sorta clueless but had fun. :)

We love Seeds Family Worship and they happen to have a video out for Psalm 55:22 so we watched it multiple times a day this week. It really helped!



For Justus we did our normal letter pages::

We read lots of C books::

We pulled out the paint dabbers this week which were a huge hit! So I put a bunch of letters on a page and had him dob the C's. I was so excited at how well he did, I had very low of expectations. He mixed up a few Us but I thought it went great and he loved it!
We made a Caterpillar out of two C's. We read (and watched) The Hungry Caterpillar. I had hopes of making a Cow out of a C also but didn't get around to it.
We delivered one of the boy's "comfort letters" to a friend who just moved and she happens to work at Starbucks. SOO we did C is for Coffee. (of course!) We looked all around the store for Cs and J loved it. We found them all over, Cafe, Coffee, Cake, Cappuccino, etc. Justus (if you know him this wont surprise you) was a little too loud and excited about the Cs so our field trip didn't last that long! ha! He was screaming "C mama C!" and the people in the cafe were not as excited about this schooling experience as we were. hehe!

We had Chocolate Chip Cookies but I have no pics of it because I was indulging in them myself since I made them gluten free!

And last but not least:: CUP CAKES!


That's all I can recall for C. I hope this helps yall! I know I keep saying this but I plan to blog what all Titus is covering this year...I'm working on it. I hope to have linked all the curriculum and sites we use. Please pardon my slowness.

No comments: