Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ducks, Dinosaurs and Doing School On The Road

I guess that is a bit of a tricky title. Do not be misled, I am not writing much about how we do school on the road in this blog but we did, in fact, school part of the week on the road.

For the D Bible Verse we did Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petitions, with thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus." This was a long verse that was very familiar to Titus. So we listened to this song and watch the below video to help with it. I dont think he got the entire verse this week, but he definitely understands the concept and where it is located in the Bible.



For our "God is Faithful, You can Be/Have" board we did, "God is Faithful, You can have Peace." This is a big concept for Titus that we pray goes down deep in his heart and mind. He is our worrier and so this is a concept we practices often around our home! This was good reinforcement for sure!

This week we did more "hands on" because I was packing us for our trip and needing him to be occupied with out my guidance. Also, it was just soooo nice out!! I hated making them stay in and school so we did a lot out side.

We left for Houston on Thursday morning so we schooled a bit on Thursday afternoon when we arrived and then again on Friday in the hotel. I brought alot to do with Justus but haven't quite got the hang of schooling two in hotels, this was my first go round, so we didnt actually do much at all with Justus. We did some of the activities I had planned to do in the hotel, tonight when we got home.

So here are some of the D things we did::

Here are some of the D books we read::
We made a Dinosaur out of the letter D.
Titus actually did most of this while Justus screamed "STEGOSAURAS!!" over and over. I guess we can do this again for the letter S.

Brother read him Dinosaurs Before Dark::
this picture is when he started. Titus took the book on the road with us and read it to him as we drove. Do not be fooled though, I am unsure that Justus listened at all except the day this picture was taken, but who knows.

We went and fed the Ducks::
This was, as always, a big hit. It was a very nice day so the ducks were a little full from all the other kids feeding them too.

We dug for dinosaurs::
I just buried some of his dinosaurs, big and small, in the sand box.

Dinosaurs hunting for Ds::
I had Titus hide the letter D all around the house. They put on Dinosaur masks and Justus "hunted" them with help of Titus, of course :)




That's it for D week...I think :) I am so tired, so I apologize if this makes zero sense! ha!

No comments: