Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Titus is Four

Today Titus turns four. I love him more today than ever before. Since the baby has come, I have seen Titus mature by leaps and bounds. He has had to have patience like never before, share his time with us like never before and love, protect and serve a baby that can not comunitcate with him and can not play with him. He is so big. Everytime I hold the baby and see Titus I get teary eyed.

Titus is so fun. Infact, he is ALL fun. The number one rule in our house is: You must have fun. Followed by Vernon saying,"And how do we have fun?" to which Titus responds, "You Obey!"

Titus is a people person. He always wants us to have people over or to go to some ones house. Lately he wants to go to our friends houses and he says, "you can just drop me off." Our friends are his friends...I love it.

Titus is a one on one kinda guy. When people come over it goes something like this: Titus scans the group, picks someone and says, "you want to come see my new toy?" He then proceeds to get that person to play with him in his room for a while. After some time he will nicely ask the person he originally chose to depart from his room and 'send in the guy in the blue shirt.' The 'guy in the blue shirt' comes in and plays for a bit and then he is sent away to retrieve the next person...it is soo funny!

Titus is Loud. He loves to talk. He will talk about anything. He is a questioner, which we are trying to keep him that way. He talks loud, he sings loud, he runs loud, he plays loud. I love it. When he is gone...its sooo quiet.

Titus is an artist. He loves to create 'invenjens." He is all the time getting a new toy and turning it into something different. He loves to draw, paint, color and play play dough. He loves to create.

Titus is an encourager. Atleast once a day he will comment on something I am wearing or how he likes my hair. He is all the time saying, "I love you mom." or "you are a good mom." He is so sweet.

Titus is Clever. He can reason with the best of them. It is really hard not to laugh sometimes when he is trying to reason his way out of a punishment. He knows what to say and when to say it. The other day he burped and we heard no follow up "excuse me" so Vernon said, "Titus." in his fatherly voice, to which Titus replied, "that sound is spanish for excuse me." Of course it is.

Titus is so much more. Titus is so much more than I could ever write here. We love him so much and are so proud of who he is and who he is becoming.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Titus! He is such a big boy! That is awesome that he is doing great with the new baby! Titus is soo cool, he has his own outdoor manly thing going on and it's so adorable!
~Lori

BethAnne said...

You have a beautiful family! I have a four yr old as well and I think it is my favorite age so far. They say such smart and funny things and they love you to pieces.........

Harris Family said...

Ha! I love this blog on Titus. What a sweet boy...he is wonderful because of what he watches at home :o)

Anonymous said...

pwfqHAPPY BIRTHDAY, TITUS!!!!!
I sure wish we could celebrate together. Maybe next year.
It pleases me & (God, too) that you're learning so many things, like being patient with Justus, and being such wonderful help to your parents. I have to get ready because I'm going out with some special friends.
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Grandma

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Titus!!! We love you and can't wait for you to introduce your brother to us. Have a wonderful day, and have lots of FUN!!!!!
With all our love,
Brandon, Amy, Cameron, and Nicholas

Anonymous said...

i love this post! i smiled and laughed out loud. he is one cute kid!! and i'm pretty sure it makes me want to make another trip to see you soon!!

Janelle and Ella said...

Happy Birthday Titus!! I hope y'all had a great time last night!!

I love your Titus list. Especially the one on how witty he is when he's trying to get out of punishment. That's awesome!! We love y'all.

Anonymous said...

For real... I love the girltalk blog. And the "that's Spanish for excuse me" wit brought many a smile at my dinner table tonight. I read that to everyone that was over. How hilarious! I would definitely not be able to keep a straight face.

Anonymous said...

aww....i like this kid. Hes my favorite.

Melissa said...

What a big deal! Our boys are 4 now! Hard to believe it's been that long, huh?! I loved reading this. You are such a sweet mommy!

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

Happy Birthday Titus! (a little late! - sorry, i don't have much internet access!) Amber, I loved the things you wrote about Titus, esp. the part about how burping is Spanish for excuse me! Love it! It makes it a little easier to accept the fact that they grow so fast when they are so enjoyable! Love you, friend!

terra said...

i love it! he is awesome!
"that sound is spanish for excuse me."
I so admire your gentleness & patience with Titus. You two(you & vernon) are incredible.