Monday, February 08, 2010

What's On The Menu Monday

If you are new around this blog, each Monday I post what we will be eating for the week. This method of planning has helped out so much in our budget. Just sitting down for a couple minutes looking in the pantry and refrigerator then making a menu BEFORE heading to the store. This allows me to cut appropriate coupons, make a complete list and NOT be stuck each afternoon racking my frazzled brain about what we should eat. So here is what is up for this week:

Gluten Free Build Your Own Waffles with Scrambled Eggs and Turkey Bacon (Erin be proud "bye bye pork" ;) : just mix up a gfree waffle mix, warm up the waffle iron and let each person choose their flavor. ex. blueberries, peanut butter, chocolate chips or even sprinkles! This is lots of fun and the kids love it!

Split Pea Soup : I got a split pea soup mix from my mother-in-law (Robyne) for Christmas. I have been hoping to make it and just haven't yet.

Ahi Tuna Steaks and Quiona : you prob get tired of seeing these steaks on here, but we love them and they are sooo easy and SO good for us. This will be my first time to make Quiona, I am a little nervous, but I have brown rice as back up.

Fish Taco Bowls: or something of the like. I have a lot of talapia and Mahi I need to use.

Black Bean Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: the sandwiches will be Ezekiel Bread with soy cheese

Things I will try to bake::

Gfree brownies (TJ brand are the BEST!): i am making these to go with the new Ice Cream we bought today at TJ's...YUM.
Almond Meal Banana Nut Muffins


We will be gone Friday and Saturday for Eden's third bday so the menu was small this week. ENJOY!
What are you cooking?

1 comment:

The Reardon's said...

AMEN!!! bye bye pork!! I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you! hehe! And I cannot even contain my excitement. I get to see you tomorrow! Love you LOTS! XOXO