Monday, February 08, 2010

Biggin.


Being the great mother that I am, my poor second child missed both his 15 month and 18 month check up. This is his 20th month of life and he finally got to go to a check up. I guess this wouldn't be all that bad if we weren't doing the Alternative Vaccination Schedule. He hasn't been immunized since his 14th month. We will be doing some monthly visits to catch back up and stay with the regimen.

Justus weighed in at almost 31 lbs and measured 35 inches tall. He is in the mid 90th percentile for both. He is so big. Everywhere we go I feel compelled to explain that he is only 20 months so they don't expect him to respond like a 3 year old because he looks like one!

Justus is a fun, easy going guy. He has the BEST belly laugh! He loves to have fun and is mostly interested in balls and bats and anything his big brother is doing. He enjoys our Ugandan drums and plays them everyday. He stacks them, bangs them, fills them with toys...all sort of things. He is adjusting to life in MO very well. He has a few little friends, Lina and Eli. Lina is a bit younger than J but...she could be the cutest thing I have ever seen. I love her. love her! Eli is a sweet little boy that is almost exactly J's age. He was adopted by a sweet family in our small group and he is just precious. And I must not forget, Mikail Kuntz. I still can not believe we live close enough for J and M to be friends! YAY! I am excited for these friendships to grow.

Justus is not very interested in his letters and colors but loves his shapes. This is the opposite of our hyper verbal first born. He is way more interested in tackling, running, spinning and being social. This boy can play and play and play and play! He is SOO FUN!

We talk about his friends from Texas and are excited to see them in March. Bear, Klaire, Shawn and Gabe....seriously we must have a play date!

The photos have been lacking as of late, so I will do my best to bring them back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boys' are sooooo much fun!! Except when I get hit in the head:)
They warm my heart & I love having all of you closer! (that includes the crew in Urbana--3 hrs is sooooooooo much better than 5).
Thanks for saving me some donuts this am. They really hit the spot:) :)
Love, Grandma

Amy Stevenson said...

OK, I am totally sitting her with tears in my eyes missing that precious little man!!! He IS all boy and loves to play so much! Please give him a hug from his favorite "creeper" teacher!! Love to all of you!!!
Love, Amy Stevenson

Anonymous said...

Justus, this is Lina.....I am glad you are my friend. Next week I go into the same class with you so be nice to me. I want us to be friends for a long time. I think you have the cutest smile too!
Love,
Your friend,
Lina Vest

Grace~The Mommy On the Bus said...

Amber,
I found your blog about 3 months ago and I was thrilled :)
Today marks 9 years since Nick died...so hard to believe!
Anyways, I wanted you to know I love you and I'm so thankful for you.
I wrote about Nick in my blog today and I mentioned YOU!
Praising God for you,
Grace