Saturday, June 13, 2009

So Far So Good

Thanks to all who have been praying for Vernon. He made it safely to Sudan. He said that the pain was so controlled that he actually slept on the flight! That hasn't happened in a LONG time...years. He has only had one period of severe pain and that was when he didn't take one round of his medicine. So, even though we are unsure of the source of the pain still, at least he is functional! (and the fact that the meds are working is a good indicator that it is nervous system related) He went straight away to the orphanange and the children were VERY concerned for him. They had heard from The Village team that he was sick. They told him they were praying for God to heal him. Amen! Those children never cease to amaze us. Mark, Vernon and Bishop headed back to Uganda today to pic up Stan. Together they went to the retreat center where they will be having the meetings. On the way they got to go to Murchison Falls !! What a dream! About an hour ago, my cell phone rang and it said the call was from Vernon. Naturally I got really nervous because he NEVER calls me from his cell it is always from the computer or from a satellite phone...because it cost so much. I answered and I hear he say, "Can you hear this? Its just AMAZING. You have to hear this" he held the phone out so I could hear the roar of the water fall. WOW. That moment was worth the cost for sure. It was so loud and powerful sounding even through the cell phone from across the globe, I can not even imagine! They we so close so they hiked to the top! Sooo Awesome!

On a different note, camp was so GREAT! The students and the adults really connected and there was an abundance of honesty. Truth was spoken and lives were changed. I love seeing God move in the hearts of high school students! The youth pastors of this camp arranged for some adults and jr.high students to come and stay with all the leaders kids. They kept the kids all day, gave them naps, fed them, took them to the rec times, let them go swimming, and the parents/leaders were free to minister to the students and stop in anytime to see their kiddos. It was the BEST set up. So note to all Youth Pastor's- OFFER THIS. It added such a cool dynamic to the camp. The students loved the kiddos being there and the adults were freed up to be with the students. Titus had a blast!


Yesterday and Today

I got home late Thursday night, put the laundry in the wash, got the boys to bed, did a little work around the house and on the computer and went to bed. I got up Friday morning and took Titus to the doc. (he was acting strep throatish and his eye was pretty red and swollen). I just wanted to get him checked before we got on a plane and spread everything to all his cousins. No strep, but he got some medicine for his eye. We then headed to the at&t store...can i just say I despise cell phones. I was one of the last people to get one and have regretted it ever since. I always get the cheap one so I am forever in the store getting a new one because mine broke...annoying. Anyway, we spent a long time in there, they got to see a full on 4 year old meltdown, you know the ones you think are over after three...and we left empty handed because I WILL NOT spend that much money on something so small. Luckily, Allison and Justin had an extra phone I can barrow until I am eligible for an "upgrade." We met Allison at her house at 3:30 got the phone, switched out the sim card and headed to the airport. We got there and by the time we parked, checked in with both boys and got through the security with a stroller, laptop and two boys, it was time for our flights boarding to begin...so we RAN through the airport! Poor Titus, he was such a trooper. We get up to the gate in time for them to announce it was going to be delayed by an hour. Dang. So we go to find a seat, get out the DVD player and snacks...only to find...we forgot the DVD player in the car. Titus started to cry. NO plane and now NO movies! So I called Robin who just dropped us off, she turned around, re-parked and brought the DVD player to security, security ran it through and we were off again to the gate. We finally boarded and the boys were AWESOME on the flight. Justus slept and Titus watched some of cars and drew a card for my mom. We finally arrived in MO around 9 and got to my house in King City around 10:30 after stopping at walmart for milk for Justus.
Needless to say, we are glad to be here! We will being going to my grandmas house tomorrow for a big party...my grandma throws the BEST parties!

No comments: