Saturday, December 06, 2008

Christening of the Kitchen Aid

For all of my married life and even before, I have wanted a Kitchen Aid. I know call me dorky, but if I had my wedding registry to do all over again, quite possibly a Kitchen Aid and some great pots and pans would be the only things to make the cut. Much of my married life I would be visiting families, lovely families, that had beautiful Kitchen Aids and the best sets of pots and pans that you could imagine...only to find out...that they don't cook, let alone bake. Never could I imagine such an atrocity. But I chose to be excited for them in hopes that one day they would know what they owned and use it to the fullest. Otherwise I would have been choosing to sin by covetousness.

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, Vernon woke me up saying Titus had a surprise for me...I was totally confused. I walked out to the living room and out through the front door and there was Titus sitting on a Kitchen Aid box and he said, "Happy Early Christmas!" I was stunned, I kept saying, "WHAT?! How can this be?" Because i KNOW the price of Kitchen Aids and this is the very reason I do not own one! Vernon told me he got it on the Black Friday sale for $128 people! Can you believe that?! Normally $128 for a kitchen item would be alot for the Burger's but not when said kitchen item normally cost $300! WOW! What a deal!
Sooo here she is. I have not named her yet, so feel free to submit your ideas.....And tonight I christened her with Vernon's favorite dessert...my not-so-secret recipe Chocolate Chip Cookies! SO FUN!!!

8 comments:

Ang said...

I vote for naming the Kitchen Aid Frosty. If indeed she is white, in honor of her color, as well as the season in which you got her, though it's not that frosty in Texas, and because some people who do not speak perfect English call frosting, which can also be made using a Kitchen Aid, Frosty.

And...you are lucky. When and if I ever get married, I'm pretty sure the Kitchen Aid will be the first thing on my registry list! :)

Anonymous said...

I think "Frosty" is great also. When you have those "cool" days in July & August it will help you "think cool".
Steph/Mom

The pictures are sooo awesome!!
I hope Vernon Mike told you I called. You are so SPECIAL!

Erin Ward said...

Oh, I am soooo jealous. I am begging my parents for one for Christmas. But sadly, I don't think it's going to happen.

I want the pink breast cancer awareness one from Bed Bath & Beyond. :)

Amanda said...

Yeah! Congrats, Amber! I am ashamed to say that I am one of those people you speak of. But I have found out after using my mixer that I am cursed at baking. I did at least try. Thankfully Curt got mine at a low, low price at Sam's a long time ago. Anyway, that's my excuse. Fay is a Kitchen Aid mixer queen, so let her be your mentor. As if you need one! Love you!

Mimi said...

Wow - WHAT A BARGAIN!!!! :o) Good job Vernon.

What about...Misaki the Mixer! Ha. It's Japanese...

Andrea Bowman said...

yay! i can't think of anyone in the world who will use that kitchenaid more or better than you.

Janelle and Ella said...

SO sweet!!! Yea for you!! And I'm going to need to try those choc. chip cookies. :-)

Phyllis said...

You could name her Essie... as in Esther who came around "for such a time as this"! There will likely be MANY occasions when you look at that Kitchen Aid and think, I'm so glad I have you for such a time as this! :)

Have fun!