Thursday, July 24, 2008

Made it to Sudan

I just got an email from Vernon and he and the team from FBC Irving made it into Sudan.  They are excited about what will transpire over the next week and a half!  Visit the HIS VOICE BLOG for prayer and reports.  
 
In Other News

Titus and Justus went to the doctor yesterday and both received two vaccines.  As I have mentioned before we are doing an alternative vaccine schedule.  We finally found a pediatrician in Fort Worth who encourages this and yesterday was our first visit.  It went great and I really like the nurses and doctor.   'Human fetal cells' are a major ingredient in some vaccines so upon learning this I began a rather extensive study on vaccines.  It is possible that the fetal cells were taken from aborted fetus...thus the dilemma.  Our new doctor is Pro-Life and so we had a great conversation about the fetal tissue that was used to culture particular vaccines and his thoughts on it.  I was so thankful to find someone who didn't treat me like a conspiracy theorist.  He was very knowledgeable and helpful.  
Many of you, sweet readers, have asked about the research on vaccines and asked me to do a series on what I learned.  Unfortunately I don't feel like I will be able to devote enough time to it to do this vaccines issue justice.  But I will recommend this book The Vaccine Book by Dr. Robert Sears. In this book he gives both sides (natural medicine and traditional medicine) a fair hearing and gives you a great basis of knowledge regarding each recommended vaccine.  (including how serious the disease is you a vaccinating against, what the vaccines are made of, which brands do and do not use certain ingredients)  He also has a website with loads of info...www.thevaccinebook.com
So that is that!
Have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Anna Pociask said...

What is the name of your doctor and where is he located?

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber! Glad they made it safe and everything is going well in Sudan!
We are doing an alternate vax schedule for Logan.
Are you giving Titus his MMR shot?
How's little Justus?
Miss you!
~Lori

Janelle and Ella said...

Amber, I am very interestd in what you have been learning! We'll have to talk about it soon.