Monday, November 14, 2011

K is for King, Kite and Being Kind

We have been out of town for a week and a half so this post was about two full weeks ago schooling. That said, I am a little foggy about all that we did so I will just cover the basics ideas.

Our verse for K week was Ephesians 4:32, "Be Kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." This was a great verse to reinforce, for sure! Titus seemed to begin to understand a little of the severity of how deep we are called to forgive. He has heard me say a thousand times after picking on his brother or speaking harshly, "Titus, was that Kind or Rude?" his usual answer, "Rude" to which I respond, "Do you love your brother?" his answer "yes," my response, "honey, Love is kind not rude, lets think how we can be kind in this situation." (or something like that...obviously it is not always that scripted as we are not the Beaver's we are the Burger's) This verse sat on him for a day or two as we talked about how deeply Christ forgave us and that we are to forgive in the same way.

For our "God is Faithful. You can be ______" board we used the obvious word :: Kind. This was helpful on so many levels as we are entering the phase of not being kind to our siblings.

The Monday of K week was Reformation Day/ Halloween so we did some school at Starbucks in our costumes...it was fun.
Since we were packing and preparing for our trip and I was trying to get Titus to a good stopping point with his curriculum, Justus did a lot of this::
He loves it and keeps him busy and feeling like he is doing "school" and it takes little effort or prep on my part.

Justus' K Letter Project was a Kite::
One of the days I made this little crown out of construction paper and he was a King. He was so funny in it. One time I found him in the back room looking in the mirror. :)

I am sure we did some other things that I am forgetting but this is all I have :) If you are reading this and you are schooling:: I hope y'alls semester is going so well and the kiddos are having fun!! If you are reading this because you are looking for some fun ideas:: yay! I hope you find something here that inspires you to do something even more fun! Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Schooling!

No comments: